I'm back to work after a lovely long Christmas break. I decided to go off the grid and spent some time in the New Forest stroking horses and trekking the trails.
Now it's a New Year, a fresh new start. I always think that sounds so hokey and get fed up of the New Year, New You emails, but this year...well...I don't know about you but I've felt so sluggish! With so many things cluttering my home. Have you??
Fear not, you can get your beauty routine back into shape just as I am doing. I've made you some Beauty Resolutions for you to join in with me!
I found the answer and am in love with my Magical Make Up Mitt - you simply add water and wipe. It even removes waterproof mascara and halloween makeup (tried and tested by me and my clients!). It is my bestselling product (I just HAD to stock these for you, because I'm so confident you will love them).
I simply add water, wipe off my makeup, plop some anti-bac soap on the mitt for a rinse and hang it to dry for the next day. When I feel super lazy (which, lets be honest, is most days when it comes to makeup removal); I just wet it and take it to bed with me and take my makeup off before falling asleep, then wash it in the shower the next morning. AWESOME HUH?
My current spray is by Superdrug B and it comes with a muslin cloth but I wipe it on a beige flannel (so you can't see foundation stains, clever eh?) to remove the dirt. I'm also keen to try out the E.L.F Brush cleaner, which is also suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
If you have a makeup bag full of manky old mascaras and gunky foundations, its time to let them go. Do à la Kon Mari and only keep what sparks joy - get rid of anything you've been hanging on to for no reason. Thank it for serving you and ditch it.
If you love it, it sparks joy and there is nothing wrong with it, but its dirty; hang onto it and continue onto step 4.
Tag your clear out pics on twitter, facebook and instagram so I can see you're getting it done! I love a before and after shot! #dumpthejunkHB
Get a bowl of water and washing up liquid and a cloth and clean all your bottles and tubes.
Sanitize eyeshadows and pressed powders by spraying them with a sanitizing spray (like my lovely grapefruit and mandarin ones, let me know if you need one they are soooo handy and last ages, they are much better than using hand gel at your desk too for only £7.99).
If you have makeup stains on the brush handles or your compacts, brush cleaner spray will remove these.
Chuck any makeup bags that can be washed into the machine, easy peasy!
ALERT!! That is all going on your face!
Using a glasses cleaning cloth and spray, or wipes, clean your phone regularly. If you don't have any, use a sanitizer (as above for cleaning makeup) or an anti-bacterial cleaning spray (but spray a little onto a cloth, not your phone) to give it a little wipe.
7) You Are Your Priorirty
You might be a mummy, a boss (or a mummy boss!); a caregiver, a nurse, a teacher or a police officer..but the main person you should be worrying about it yourself.
It sounds selfish. I know. I used to feel selfish too. But how can you help anyone when you are run down, tired and stressed? I make time for myself every week. When I started it was once a month. Do whatever feels right for you. You can do it every day if you like.
By maintaining your Self-Care routine, you will thrive. When you are thriving, those around you will take notice. Morale at work will rise around you, you will enjoy regular everyday things more. The stress of work won't bother you so much. The kids won't tire you out as much (or they will but it will be SO worth it to get that time out having your beauty treatment!!).
8) Develop a Self-Care Routine
Pick a selection of your favourite things that perk you up and plan them in your diary. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Facials - facials work their magic for a full 6 weeks, so book them at 6 week intervals to keep your skin in tip top condition all year round.
- Neck Shoulder & Scalp Massages - have these when you need a boost, at a particularly stressful time, or regularly (eg. weekly, biweekly) to keep your stress levels in check and avoid burnout.
- Gel Manicure & Pedicure - Gel Polish will stay on your nails until it needs removing after 2-3 weeks (3-5 weeks for toes). Have a luxury treatment with exfoliation, mask and massage every few months for relaxation and upkeep; then keep the colour looking fabulous with an removal and express redo in between. Nothing can bring you down when you have gorgeous nails!
- Spray Tans boost confidence, make you feel slimmer and make way for instant compliments. Great for perking you up.
- Waxing - sometimes, simply knowing you have an appointment to keep with yourself is enough to allow you to let go of anything that is on your mind. You turn up, you close your eyes and let me wax away. You don't have to think about anything that is bothering you and you are lovely and smooth at the end so its win-win. Underarm & facial waxing can be done at 3 week intervals, and any other waxing a 4-6 weeks apart.
- Brow Styling - A fairly short appointment, but a brow update can give you a fresh feeling, ready to face the world.
- Lash Lifting - Close your eyes, nod off, forget your troubles and wake up a whole new woman. Just long enough for an escape, but short enough so the house isn't chaos for your return.
Thank you for reading 7 Beauty Resolutions for a Fresh Start! Please leave me a comment if you are joining me with #dumpthejunkHB or if you have any lovely things to say via Instagram Hollie_House_Beauty
You can return to the main page here: www.housebeautyhemel.com
Love & Beauty, Hollie xx