Make Up Application & Trials
1. Know your skin - Be sure to tell me what type of skin you think you have and any other important information about your skin.
2. Arrive with a clean face, no makeup.
3.. If you have a product (eg foundation or lipstick is common) you would like me to use, bring it along. I'm happy to accommodate.
4. You will need to bring your own mascara for hygiene purposes. You will get closer to your own lash line than any makeup artist.
5. Coming for a trial? Vellus hair on the face can cause makeup to cake. Take a look at facial waxing & celebrity brows to give yourself a smooth base for your makeup application before a special event.
6. Know your style - Do some research before the trial and print some examples/save to your phone the styles you like. Check out my pinterest board for inspiration: https://uk.pinterest.com/00househ/
7. Every client’s requirements are different and every makeup artist works at a different pace but on average I allow 1 - 1.5 daylight hours for a trial. Make Up application takes around 45mins per person, however I always recommend giving yourself an hour in case of changes. Allow 15mins for lash application, as the glue will need to set (please note I do not apply lashes except those supplied by me). Should you want something more long-lasting, you will love lash lifting, which lifts your lashes from the root and lasts 6-10 weeks with no infills. Ask me for a patch test when you come for your trial.
8. I will ask you questions regarding coverage (bear in mind special occasion makeup is fuller than everyday), blush colours, contouring, eyebrow preferences etc. I usually recommend having an eye look that you like, which I will do on one side, and then I will do what comes naturally to me on the other side so you have something to compare to. By looking at each individual aspect, I can use the end result of the trial to create something that works together.
9. Not bringing photos or having too many different ideas can lead to an unsuccessful trial (I cannot read minds sadly).
10. Enjoy the experience! Maybe even plan a day or night out after!
Love Hollie xxx